Ever wonder how successful web site owners seem to magically make money fall out of their web sites? Especially the webmasters who don’t seem to have a ton of traffic? Here are the web secrets of the best email marketers.
1. Give away your best stuff to people on your list. It’s counter-intuitive but people crave “free” and if they get massive value then they will stay subscribed and seriously consider what you offer.
2. Make your readers feel like they are insiders. Create feeling of intimacy and belongingness by sharing as if you are their friend. Provide them with content that not everyone else gets and let them know.
3. Create scarcity. People want something more if it is rare and hard to get. Create scarcity with your content. Make people work to get the good stuff. Reward them for engaging with it.
4. Offer an opportunity to purchase only when you are confident that people love what you provide and are craving more.
5. Be committed to learning. We can’t teach you unless you have a fierce desire to learn. We consider ourselves voracious learners even though we have expertise – because we have expertise. Invest in learning and you’ll achieve your goals.
6. Test for behaviour. Offer links, surveys, and ask for input. Watch who engages and score them. How? (See #7.)
7. Use a tool like Infusionsoft to automate the distribution of your content and to capture behaviours so you can target people who are ready to buy.