If you are going to engage in email marketing you need to drive people to signup for your email lists. But how do you do that? Here’s 10 ways to build you email list
1) Offer something of value to subscribers: A downloadable, a video, an ebook, rare and special content no available anywhere else, an unreleased chapter, song or bonus
2) Create scarcity: Whatever you give away on your list, ensure it is not available anywhere else. Be sure that the ticket to the gold is available only by signing up for the list
3) Put a registration form on your home page – you did do that right? Right?
4) Place a registration form in the sidebar on every page on your site (see best lead capture practices)
5) Offer your freebie from Item #1 (above) on your Twitter account and Facebook page.
6) Look at your Google Analytics and determine what are you most popular pages then install a squeeze page that asks people who visit the well trafficked page to sign up for your email list before they get to the hot content
7) Offer your freebie to conference attendees or at events where you speak. tell them to go to your web site to get it and then advertise it as part of your email sign up process.
8) Connect to your giveaway on Pinterest.com. It’s the hot new social media platform.
9) If you use Vimeo Pro -link to the offer at the end of the video (Vimeo has a tool for this)
10) Offer massive value in the content in your list and ask happy subscribers to refer friends.